18.12.15

Dream Art Store & Fishing Teddy Bears for Christmas

A friend said in order to achieve my dream, I need to visualise and draw it.  And so I did.  And painted an art store that I hope to have one day, my very own corner where I can paint and have other art activities, and hopefully be able to make a living out of it as well.  

Yes, a dream that is hard to fulfil in a very urbanised very crowded very expensive city called Singapore. Oh I should focus on the positives :) And so I looked for motifs on the Internet (where else) that I would like for my shop - an artsy street location, a Shanghainese lady portrait will do quite nice for signage art, a laid back wooden feel with lotsa little embellishments like a stained glass window, peranakan tiles decor, an antique gramophone, a chalkboard duster sign, and of course, plentiful art and knick-knacks. 

Sigh. Now all I need is the dough. Yes, I am working hard for it!  In the meantime, am going back to a bit of my dark expressionist tendencies for a piece inspired by Japan Kyoto's Philosopher's Path.  Those who have been will recognize the emblems of fishing teddies and the carnival carriage.  It's a beautiful walk and one that invokes creativity and imagination, so ask not what the painting means, just feel and interpret as you will. 

Merry X'mas & may all your dreams come true :)


Title:  Untitled 7 (A48) 
Description: Warm vintage painting of cool art shop with little girl and sleeping kitten, under a So Artsy sign and Chinese woman portrait, a quirky artist's haven with painting easel that is inspired by my dream art corner. 2015. 
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.

Purchase at:  yen.artfire.com

Title:  Untitled 8 (A49) 
Description: Whimsical fishing teddy bears painting with sleeping cat, dog & rabbit on carriage, inspired by Japan Kyoto Philosopher's Path, in bluesy vintage expressionist style. 2015. 
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.


SOLD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment